Guilt is the feeling of the week. Again.
This time, in addition to feeling guilty for not writing for so long, I am guilty of buying books and feeling (a bit) guilty for doing so. Somehow I thought I would be able to put the book-buying on hold until the final week or two of this visit. Funny thing to think it possible, really…
Well, to be precise, it could have been possible only not probable.
The first second-hand book shop that came my way made me give in!.. On one hand, who could blame me – I saw so many titles that had been waiting on the wishlist for quite a while. Therefore, missing the opportunity to have them this cheap would be considered madness. On the other hand however, I am now going to have some problems with baggage.. With all the gifts I am planning to get (plus more books?) a need of another, bigger travel bag will inevitably present itself. Which consequently means it will be necessary to rearrange baggage details of the returning flight..
But, lets leave worrying about it aside for a couple of months.. Now on to the bunch:
- Angels & Insects – A.S. Byatt
- The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency – Alexander McCall Smith
- Kafka on the Shore – Haruki Murakami
- Memories of Mårbacka – Selma Lagerlöf
- Flowering Nettle – Harry Martinson
- Martin Birck’s Youth – Hjalmar Söderberg
- The Book About Blanche and Marie – Per Olov Enquist
- Simon and the Oaks – Marianne Fredriksson
- The Crows – Tomas Bannerhed