I find it difficult to come back to the blog every time a harsh break in writing happens. It’s even harder this time because I haven’t read a single book for almost five weeks now. I feel completely disconnected. Indifferent. The thought of abandoning this space doesn’t disturb me at all.
Current feelings aside (for they shouldn’t be acted upon), in order to make the comeback easier, I am just going to note this year’s purchases. All of the books were bought at Books.ba, the delightful, recently found bookshop, and all of them were written by the authors I’ve never read before.
A bunch of joy that awaits me:
- The Light Years. Elizabeth Jane Howard
- Prodigal Summer. Barbara Kingsolver
- Lucia in London. E.F. Benson
- Playing Sardines. Michèle Roberts
- Juggling. Barbara Trapido
- The Awakening. Kate Chopin
- Undue Influence. Anita Brookner
- Time and Tide. Edna O’Brien
- The Conversations at Curlow Creek. David Malouf
- Singular Rebellion. Saiichi Maruya