Initially, my thoughts on books and book related things had their home within the thick black covers of a notebook. Unfortunately, I lack discipline when it comes to note taking which leads to forgetting what I’ve read and what my impressions and comments were.
In order to make notebook entries more regular I decided to make them public. The premise is that publicity would enhance my sense of commitment.. So, dear potential readers, thank you very much for obliging me – I hope you’ll find some use of these entries, too.
I have to note that my close friend Nesi provided an additional motive for making my notebook public. She moved away to Germany. This is a way to put an extra smile on her dear face.
Here’s who I am:
- (first and foremost) a reader
- a stoic (I admit that maintaining this philosophy is getting a bit challenging)
- an introvert (more and more so as I grow older)
- someone who enjoys nature tremendously (temperate coniferous forests being my favorite)
- (unfortunately) not a botanist, nor an astrophysicist, nor a mathematician (I also do not play violin.)